COVID-19: Financial Hardship Grant
COVID-19 continues to spread across the United States. As of Monday March 16 at least 4,108 people in 49 states were affected. Based on the current trajectory, the numbers are expected to rise each day, with more communities across America seeing cases.
Experts are recommending that people avoid large crowds, stockpile shelf-stable foods in case they end up quarantined, and stay home from work. While this advice may work for those us able to perform our work from the comfort of our homes, for too many low-income people remote work is a luxury they can’t afford.
We are inviting those economically affected by COVID-19 to apply for our COVID19 Financial Hardship Grant. Successful applicants will be awarded a grant for use towards food, bills and any uncovered living expenses as a result of quarantine and/or work and school closures.
Amaanah Services invites applications of all ethnic and religious backgrounds. Preference will be given to applicants based on the criteria outlined below:
- Family Income
- Family Size
- Nature of family (preference toward single-headed households)
- Estimated expenses vs income
Please submit all applications to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Funds are available on a first come, first serve basis until the depletion of fund availability.
The program will end when (1) State Emergencies have been lifted or (2) the program funds have been fully utilized, whichever is sooner.
All applications must be accompanied with:
- Photocopy of Photo ID (Driving license or passport)
- Proof of financial standing (Previous 2 months of Bank Statements)
- Proof of address (Utility bill)
- If Married, Spouse’s Photocopy of Photo ID (Driving license or passport)
Any incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Due to the anticipated number of applications, we will not be able to communicate with all applicants to inform them of their status. Successful applicants will be contacted within three (3) days of their submission.
* These documents will be secured and treated with full confidentiality. No documents will be shared with a third-party. They will be used solely to help us verify the veracity of the application. All electronic and hard copy documents of unsuccessful applicants will be destroyed.